When you create your MetaMask wallet, you will be given a Secret Recovery Phrase, and an account is automatically generated. You’ll see that as your Account 1 (default account).
If you'd like to create and manage multiple MetaMask accounts, you could do so simply by creating more accounts.
To do so on the web extension:
- Click the favicon (the circular account image) at the top right of your wallet
- Enter your preferred account name (or keep default otherwise) on the New Account page
- Click “Create”
- A new MetaMask account has been created
And on mobile:
- Double-tap on your account favicon
- Tap on Create New Account
- Tap on the name of the account to update or change it
Please note once you add the account there is no way to delete.
To better communicate the importance of never sharing your seed phrase, we've changed the name of the phrase to "Secret Recovery Phrase". Learn more here