Warning: Exporting your account could be risky as it displays your private key in clear text. Therefore, you should make sure no one else sees, or otherwise is able to capture a screenshot while you retrieve your private key, to avoid possible loss of your Ether/tokens. Many phishing campaigns would ask for your private key, which would help them gain access to your accounts. You should never share your private key with anyone, including MetaMask team. We will not ask for your private key when we manage, or troubleshoot your issues.
For more information on accounts and private keys, start here.
You may use your private key to import a particular account on an Ethereum (or otherwise compatible) wallet. Here's how:
Metamask Browser Extension:
- Click on the identicon
- Select the account you'd like to export
- On the Account page, click on the menu (three dots) at the upper right corner:
- Click on the “Account Details” button
- Click “Export Private Key”:
- Enter your password and click “Confirm”
- Your private key is revealed. Click to copy it, and save it somewhere safe.
- Click “Done” to close the screen:
Metamask Mobile App:
1) Click on the account button:
2) Go to Settings:
3) Select Security & Privacy:
4) Scroll down and then click on Show private key:
5) Enter your Password:
6) Copy your Private Key:
Please make sure to never share this key with anyone as you can compromise your account in doing so.
If you'd like to restore your MetaMask wallet and the accounts you create on it instead, please see here.