Curiosity doesn’t kill the fox. It empowers it!
What you’ll need:
- the Ethereum wallet address of the recipient
- ETH in your account to sufficiently cover the gas fee
Note: If you are using a custom RPC network other than Ethereum Mainnet, please ensure you have the corresponding token needed for gas fees. For example, BNB token is used as gas for the Binance Smart Chain network.
- Under the Assets tab, click the token you wish to send
- Click Send on the token's main page
- In the Add Recipient field, enter or paste the wallet address of the recipient OR select the option to transfer between your accounts.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of the token you want to send.
Optional: You can adjust the gas price and gas limit to your preference. The Eth gas station can be a good reference.
- Before clicking Next to proceed with the transaction it is a good idea to double-check the recipient address.
- Review the transaction detail and click Confirm to send
- You will then be redirected to the main page where you can see a list of your recent transactions on the Activity tab
- The number of tokens and ETH (for gas) will not be deducted immediately. The status of the transaction is pending, which means the transaction has been submitted to the blockchain network and pending confirmation.
- When the transaction is successful, you will see the updated amount of the token and ETH balances, as well as the status of the transaction updated to “Confirmed”.
- If you click on the transaction under the Activity tab on MetaMask, you can review the transaction information and have the option to view the transaction record on etherscan.io.
- Sometimes, your transaction may take longer to confirm. When that happens, you'll have the option to Speed UP the transaction by re-submitting the (first pending) transaction with a higher gas price; Or Cancel the transaction before it gets confirmed. Learn more about speeding up or canceling a transaction.
- Please see How to deposit(receive) tokens to your Metamask Wallet if you are looking to receive tokens in your Metamask wallet.
- This process is exactly the same for ETH as it is for other ERC-20 tokens, but always make sure that when sending ERC-20 tokens, that the receiving wallet supports the tokens you are sending.