NOTE: Imported accounts ARE NOT BACKED UP by your Secret Recovery Phrase. Even though they will appear in your MetaMask wallet, you need to save the private keys used to import them the same way you save your Secret Recovery Phrase. If you delete your wallet and need to restore from your Secret Recovery Phrase, you will need to re-add imported accounts with their Private Keys.
What you will need:
- The private key string or JSON file of the account you're looking to import.
- Click the circle icon at the top right corner of your MetaMask pop-up next to the network indicator.
- Select “Import Account” on the dropdown menu:
3. You will be directed to the Import page. Paste your private key and click “Import”.
You should be able to see the newly added account in the dropdown menu with an "Imported" tag next to the account.
Note: Another option to import your account is by uploading the JSON file
Repeat the above steps 1 to 2
- On the Import page, expand the dropdown from “Select Type”
- Select “JSON File”
- Click “Choose File to Upload” to upload the Private key JSON file.
- Enter password
- Click “Import"