Curiosity doesn’t kill the fox. It empowers it!
What you will need:
- The private key string or JSON file of the account you're looking to import.
- Click the circle icon at the top right corner of your MetaMask pop-up next to the network indicator.
- Select “Import Account” on the dropdown menu.
- You will be directed to the Import page. Paste your private key and click “Import”.
- You should be able to see the newly added account in the dropdown menu with an "Imported" tag next to the account.
Note: Another option to import your account is by uploading the JSON file
Repeat the above steps 1 to 2
- On the Import page, expand the dropdown from “Select Type”
- Select “JSON File”
- Click “Choose File to Upload” to upload the Private key JSON file.
- Enter password
- Click “Import"