After a slow rollout spanning nearly twelve months, the MetaMask team is proud to announce the full launch of our re-designed UI in version 6.0 and the removal of our legacy UI.
The new skin can do everything the previous UI could do, plus a whole lot more:
This updated MetaMask includes
- A full-tab view for smoother onboarding and more persistence for when you need to double check an address or grab something from your password manager
- The ability to send and manage any ERC20 from within MetaMask
- Redesigned home screen to surface helpful details about transaction status
- An advanced gas customization tab to visualize time vs. cost tradeoffs
- Automatic token detection, based on our community-managed token list.
- Support for signing messages and transactions using a trezor or ledger hardware wallet
- Translation to over X languages
- Prominent display of function names on the “confirm” screen, so users can understand what their transaction is doing behind the scenes
- Helpful details for complicated interactions like "approve" calls
- A secondary data tab to view transaction params or hex data
- Support for QR scanning a recipient address
- Supports for sending to ENS addresses
- Ability to remove imported accounts and custom RPC networks
- And, by popular demand, v6 also includes the ability to edit gas price & limit via text field right from the Send or Confirm screens. You can enable this feature in Settings.
As MetaMask is often the final line between a website and a user’s keys, we focused this redesign on clarifying the information a user sees & approves. The “send” and “confirm” screens are entirely re-designed, as well as the home screen & “activity log” that displays information about submitted transactions.
The new UI also provides a range of new functionality, from trading & managing ERC 20 tokens to hardware wallet support.
Removing the old UI from the codebase will allow our development team to improve test reliability performance.
If there are features or functionality you miss from the old UI, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.