To deposit ETH or ERC-20 tokens to your MetaMask wallet from an exchange or another wallet, you will simply need to submit a transaction pointed to the address of one of your accounts in MetaMask. Please check the exchanges that operate in your country here.
- Open the MetaMask extension
- Hover over the account name at the top of the window, which will display “Copy to clipboard”. For further instructions, see here.
- Click on the account name to copy your address
- Paste your address in the “recipient” field in the application where you are sending your ETH or tokens from, or share it with someone who is sending you ETH or tokens.
- Select the amount you want to send, along with any other necessary steps to complete and submit the transaction.
Note: Please consult with the organization of the application you are using for information on how to transfer your ETH/tokens. See below for an example from Coinbase. The user interfaces from other organizations/wallets will vary.
- If you are sending ERC-20 tokens, please review our article How to view your tokens to add them to the token list to see the balance of the token in your account.
- The process to send tokens may be different for each application that holds your tokens. As such, it is recommended that you review their documentation or contact their support team for additional help on transferring tokens from their application.
- Once the transaction is final, the balance in your account in MetaMask should update. If the balance does not update, please check the status of your transaction on a block explorer like Etherscan by searching the txHash (transaction hash) of the transaction that you just submitted.
- Please see How to send tokens from your MetaMask wallet if you are looking to send tokens out of your MetaMask wallet.