Curiosity doesn’t kill the fox. It empowers it!
To send ETH or ERC-20 tokens to your MetaMask Wallet from an exchange or another wallet, you will simply need to submit a transaction to the address of one of your accounts in MetaMask.
- Open the MetaMask extension
- Hover over the account name at the top of the window, which will display “Copy to clipboard”
- Click on the account name to copy your address
- Paste your address in the “recipient” field of the application from where you will be sending your ETH or tokens.
Note: Please consult with the organization of the application you are using for information on how to transfer your ETH/tokens. See below for an example from Coinbase. The user interfaces from other organizations/wallets will vary.
- Select the amount you want to send, along with any other necessary steps to complete and submit the transaction.
- If you are sending ERC-20 tokens, please review our article How to view your tokens to add it to the token list to see the balance of the token in your account.
- The process to send tokens may be different for each application that holds your tokens. As such, it is recommended that you review their docs or contact their support team for additional help on transferring tokens from their application.
- Once the transaction has been processed or “mined”, the balance in your account in MetaMask should update. If the balance does not update, please check the status of your transaction on a block explorer like EtherScan by searching the txHash (transaction hash) of the transaction that you just submitted.
- Please see How to send tokens from your metamask wallet if you are looking to send tokens out of your metamask wallet.