At times, it may be helpful to sync your Mobile app with MetaMask Extension; the process essentially overrides the current state of your MetaMask Mobile app and syncs it with what is shown in MetaMask Extension. If you are encountering any of the following issues, follow the process below to sync.
- There is a discrepancy in the value of your tokens between Mobile and Extension
- You have a stuck or pending transaction on Mobile that does not show on Extension or on a blockchain explorer
- You are experiencing technical issues surrounding transaction nonces
- You have been guided to this process by a Support engineer :-)
Note: if you have recently synced MetaMask Mobile with the Extension and are having trouble logging in, try using the password you use on MetaMask Extension.
Steps to Sync Mobile with Extension:
First of all, in your browser:
- Open the extension
- Go to Settings > Advanced
- Click on Sync with Mobile. A QR code should appear. Leave it there and pick up your phone:
On Mobile you need to log out (tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner; navigate to the bottom of the menu, and tap "Log Out"). Once logged out, you will see the Reset Wallet link at the bottom of the screen:
- Tap on Reset Wallet
- You will see the message: "Are you sure you want to erase your wallet?" tap "I understand, continue"
- Type delete my wallet
- As soon as you confirm you will see Sync with MetaMask extension. Follow the prompts and scan the QR code in the browser Extension in order to import your wallet and sync with Extension.
- Alternatively, you can tap Import using Secret Recovery Phrase
NOTE: Only accounts tied to the Secret Recovery Phrase and accounts imported via private key or JSON will sync. If you have a hardware wallet connected to MetaMask, that will not sync at this time.
And please remember DO NOT SHARE your Secret Recovery Phrase with anyone! These secret words can be used to steal all your tokens and accounts. Read our User Guide here.
To better communicate the importance of never sharing your seed phrase, we've changed the name of the phrase to "secret recovery phrase". Learn more here.