Usually, when you try and connect to a dapp by clicking a 'connect with MetaMask' button—or something with similar wording—MetaMask will pop up and as if you're happy to do so.
If the dapp to which you're trying to connect doesn't automatically prompt you to connect your MetaMask, or for whatever reason you want to initiate the connection manually, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the site you want to manually connect to
- Click on the MetaMask Extension in the browser toolbar in the top-right
- Click on the 3 dots menu in the upper right corner
- Click on Connected sites
- Click the Manually connect to current site button at the bottom of the list
- N.b.: this button will not appear if one of your other accounts is connected to the dapp. If you encounter this issue, check your other wallets for existing connections.
- Select the account you want to connect to the website and click next
- Review the information in the confirmation screen and click Confirm
Navigate to the hamburger menu in the left-top corner. Tapping on this will bring up a sidebar menu. Tap on 'Browser', and you have an intuitive interface to find the dapp you're looking for, including a search bar: