If you are using MetaMask to access a Decentralized Exchange (DEX) such as Pancakeswap or Uniswap, and you see the error message "Permissions request already pending please wait", please try these workarounds which should help you to reconnect:
- Disconnect from the site and connect back. (On Browser Extension;):
- Click on the 3 dot menu in the top right of your account screen. You will see a dropdown menu which will include the option Connected Sites.
- Click on this, and you will see all the dapps to which you have granted access. Remove access to the dapp with which you are trying to interact.
- Go back to the dapp and click Connect wallet.
- You can also reinstall the extension on the browser you use. Please make sure you have your Seed Phrase and private keys (imported accounts) safely backed up before reinstalling your wallet.
- On Mobile, remove the app from your phone and reinstall it through the app store; again, make sure your Seed Phrase and private keys are safely backed up first. MetaMask is currently working on making the Permissions Controller (see above) available in Mobile.