Sending and receiving NFTs is easy in MetaMask Mobile; the feature is still on its way in MetaMask Extension.
Note: Did you recently acquire an NFT, and you don't see it in your wallet? Follow the steps here to find your wallet address on Etherscan. On the bottom half of the page, click on the tab titled "Erc721 Token Txns"; there you should see a list of all the tokens you have in your wallet. If it's on Etherscan, it's in your wallet. For more information on making NFTs appear in MetaMask, see here.
Receiving an NFT
When you buy an NFT, it's often transferred to you automatically through a marketplace. If that is not the case, please follow and double-check these steps to ensure it is a successful transaction:
- Provide the sender with your public address. You can find steps to do so here
- Make sure you have enough ETH to pay for gas
- Have the sender send the NFT to your public address
- Add the token to your MetaMask wallet. We recommend you do so on the MetaMask mobile app, because NFTs are not currently visible on the browser extension.
As long as you're looking at the correct account and wallet in MetaMask, the NFTs should appear under 'Collectibles' in MetaMask Mobile.
Sending an NFT
Sending an NFT (which is an ERC-721 token) in MetaMask is very similar to sending a cryptocurrency token (which is an ERC-20 token). Currently, this functionality should only be attempted in MetaMask Mobile.
- Make sure you have enough gas for the transaction
- Tap on the 'NFTs' tab
- Tap on the icon of the NFT you wish to send
- Tap on the 'send' button at the bottom of the screen
- Enter the address you wish to send it to, hit 'Next', and follow the standard transaction prompts
For more on gas, tokens, and transactions, see here.