MetaMask will never send you a direct message.
MetaMask will never ask you for your Secret Recovery Phrase.
If someone does, they're probably trying to scam you.
To speak to a member of our team:
Head to the the 'Start a Conversation' button on the homepage of this site. It may take a moment or two to load. You'll be guided through a few questions to see whether we can solve your problem straight away, and, if not, you'll be able to chat with a member of our team.
MetaMask currently has three modes of support: Knowledge Base, Community Forums, and contacting a support agent:
- Search this Knowledge Base for articles regarding the issue you're having. There are a number of User Guides which cover general topics, and then link to more specific Frequently Asked Questions:
- Getting Started with MetaMask
- Learn the Basics of Blockchain
- Secret Recovery Phrase, password, and private keys
- Hardware Wallet Hub
- User Guide: How to use a Hardware Wallet
- User Guide: Gas
- User Guide: Dapps
- User Guide: Tokens
- User Guide: Swaps
- User Guide: Custom Networks and Sidechains
- Check out the Community Forums; you may find an answer there.
- If you can't find an answer in these resources, click on the 'Start a Conversation' button on https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. If the button doesn't appear or is broken, try turning off adblockers, as explained here.
When submitting a ticket or having a conversation with our support agent, it will help us if you explain fully and clearly what has happened to you. The types of details that our agents will ask for include the following:
- Description of what you were doing right before the error occurred (If relevant);
- Are you able to repeat the error?
- What are the steps to reproduce the error?
- The networks, blockchains, and Dapps you used
- Any tokens or smart contracts involved
- State logs (How to Download State Logs)
- MetaMask version (Click or tap on the identicon in the upper right hand corner > Settings > About)
- Browser version / Mobile phone model
- Operating system and version
**Remember, MetaMask is a self-custodial wallet. We can't reset your password, we can't reverse transactions, we can't look up your Secret Recovery Phrase.**