Check out our User Guide on sidechains and custom networks; it may answer a lot of questions and help you understand what's going on better.
To summarize the situation this article is covering:
- You've sent funds from BSC to MetaMask but the tokens are not in your MetaMask account.
- Binance has confirmed that the transaction was successful and that the withdrawal address is correct.
- You used the BSC network and sent funds as BEP-20 tokens.
To recover your funds:
- Go to Binance (BNB) Blockchain Explorer, (bscscan.com)
- Enter your MetaMask public address
- Click on "BEP-20 tokens" as per below and check if you find the transaction.
- Click on "token" and check if you find your "missing" tokens.
If you found the transaction and the tokens: great news, it will be an easy fix! All you need to do is:
- Add the BSC network to MetaMask
- Add the token itself to MetaMask on the BSC network
Please note that MetaMask is set by default to connect to the Ethereum Mainnet, not the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) Network.
If you want to move the tokens to Ethereum mainnet, you will first need to send the tokens back to Binance. For details please check here.
You can find more details about BSC in our Binance section or by accessing Binance support.