If MetaMask isn't working the way you expected, there are some steps you can take on your own that often solve problems, without having to create a support ticket. Here are some of our top fixes:
- Restart your browser
- Restart your computer or mobile device
- Lock and unlock MetaMask
- Check Etherscan. Block explorers are a wealth of information and offer much greater detail regarding the where, when, what, and who of transactions.
- Make sure you're running the latest version of MetaMask. If not, make sure you have your Secret Recovery Phrase backed up before upgrading.
- Search the Community Forums and this Knowledgebase for similar problems
- Do not reset your wallet until a Support Agent tells you to
- Remember, MetaMask is a non-custodial wallet. Support agents cannot reverse transactions.
- If you're experiencing a problem with a third-party platform, like a token swapping app or blockchain videogame, reach out to their support team first.
- If you're looking for help, don't spam our Support team by asking the same question on multiple channels. This will only delay the reply.
- Have you waited long enough? Blockchain is fast, but not instantaneous. How low did you set your gas? Are you transacting on a layer-2 chain that requires you to wait before removing funds?
- Did you use the bridge?
If you still need help, open a ticket following our instructions here.